CURRENTLY WORKING ON
- Assessment criteria for identifying sustainable MED culinary heritage experiences
- Mapping of sustainable MED culinary heritage experiences
- Actors & factors: qualitative analysis of successful culinary heritage practices
MEDFEST Culinary heritage experiences: how to create sustainable tourist destinations
MEDFEST aims to tackle the problem of undeveloped rural hinterland of the Mediterranean space using the untapped potential of the rich culinary heritage of the area recognized as an intangible cultural heritage of great value by the UNESCO. The project will result in the making of new sustainable tourism, gastronomy and culture products simultaneously safeguarding the culinary heritage of the Mediterranean for future generations.
MEDFEST is a transnational project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
- food as the main rural cultural & asset
- recognized by the local communuties as a developmental asset (tourism)
- later recognized as a social asset (empowerment, intergenerational dialogue)
Questions that we will answer:
M€ total budget